January 12-16, 2020
BloomNet Florists: Installment payments available to members. Please call for details!
Non-BloomNet Florists: $899.99
- Tuition includes all of the following: flowers, supplies, presentation materials, transportation to and from the airport, lunches, group dinners, refreshments, and breakfast provided by the hotel.
- Friends, Food, and Facts dinner with Sandy Schroeck, AIFD, CFD, PFCI and Jackie Lacey, AIFD, PFCI, CFD
We all learned to spell and build with our building blocks when we are children. Principles and Elements of Floral Design are the building blocks for all creative design. You probably know some of them already, but have no idea how or why they work. With this major part of design, you will also look at all aspects of operating a successful retail floral shop or design studio in today’s market. We look at the basics of everything to do with a retail shop or studio:
- Everyday arrangements
- Wedding design
- Display and retail operations
- Building vendor relationships
This five-day course is also a networking event to build your contacts while building your confidence in today’s designs.
Renato Cruz Sogueco, our VP of Digital Strategy, will also instruct on business and digital strategy topics that will build your shop’s success, including:
- building website relevance through search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SMO)
- content creation and management
- website content
- social media posts
- directory references
- online reviews