Angelyn was literally raised in her Mother’s flower shop. At the age of 16 she went to work for her mom as a designer/ delivery girl to have some “play” money. Angelyn was lucky enough to attend many Georgia State Florist Conventions, FTD and Teleflora National Conventions. She has continued her floral education to keep up with new floral trends. She has served as GSFA District III president for many years and GSFA State Secretary from 2006 to 2011 and in 2014-2016 and is a Certified Evaluator for GSFA. Angelyn also had the privilege of being able to decorate floats at the Rose Bowl Parade working for Fiesta Floats. Some of these include, Miracle Grow, City of Torrance,and Kaiser Permanente and has been requested to return indefinitely.
Angelyn is also the Instructor Assistant and Course coordinator Floriology Institute. The Floriology® Institute is the education center for BloomNet, based at their headquarters in Jacksonville, FL. It is focused on floral education of all aspects for the community of Florists.
Angelyn is an active member of the American Institute of Floral Design. The mission of AIFD® is to advance the art of professional floral design through education, service and leadership, and to recognize the achievement of excellence in this art form. She was elected to it’s Southern Board as the Education Coordinator.
Angelyn also works as a freelance designer around the country. She is currently working on television and movie projects. Be sure to tune into Dynasty to see some of her designs. Her work can also be seen in several industry magazines.
Angelyn, is married to Donald Tipton and has 3 children Jonathan, Andrew and Katherine. She is also a 7 year cancer survivor!
Angelyn has won:
- GSFA Designer of the year for 2005, 2008 2015 and 2018.
- 2018 Florals for Step it Up
- 2018 Season 1 and 2 Dynasty tv show
- 2018 2nd runner up Mid America Design Competition
- 2018 AIFD First Timers Mentor
- 2018 Assistant designer for GateWay to the Americas cup ( International Competition )
- 2018 Honorable Mention Bridal Bouquet Competition Florida State
- 2018 Project Flower Show Honorable Mention Hand tied bouquet
- 2017 AIFD First Timers Mentor 2017 Memorial Flowers Sharp Objects
- 2017 Fitz Body Flower for Women Winner
- 2016 Featured designer for David Tutera wedding show.
- 2016 was inducted into AIFD American Institute of Floral Designers
- 2015 earned her CFD degree Certified Floral Designer
- 2015 People’s Choice Mid-America Cup
- 2015 Secretary of Teleflora Georgia Unit
- 2008 First place Bridal Bouquet Southern Retail Floral Association
- 2007 Leadership Lamar graduate